Halloween is a day when people can unwind and have a blast, dress up and be spooky; but always remember to be safe while enjoying the night!
When you decide to go out trick or treating :
- Collect candy in a group. Don’t trick or treat alone.
- Bring a flashlight; some areas might not have any street lights.
- Use make up instead of wearing a mask; that way your sightline is not blocked. If you do go with a mask, cut the eye holes a little bit bigger.
- Make sure that your costume props cannot be used as weapons.
- Bring a cell phone in case of an emergency.
- Be careful around people you don’t know. While some people may really get into the Halloween spirit and want to scare everyone, others may have more worrisome intentions.
- Don’t eat any unpackaged candy.
- Don’t smash pumpkins and egg houses. While it may seem like harmless fun, this is vandalism that can lead to serious consequences.
- Don’t take any chances by getting into a car with someone you don’t know.
From: Sgt. Grant A. RUSK, NCO i/c Unity/ Wilkie/ Macklin RCMP Detachment