You don’t want to miss Friday’s local paper, the November 10th Unity Wilkie Press-Herald, as with the support of local businesses and others, veterans are honoured and remembered. Although the focus of the paper is Remembrance Day, you will also find:
- reminders of the fun in town on Halloween;
- a report on junior boys volleyball;
- an article on winter weather; and
- of course, your weekly local RCMP and hockey reports.
Remembrance Day services start in town tomorrow, Thursday, November 9. Check out our calendar page for a complete list to help determine which one fits into your schedule.
Full of news and photographs, the November 18th Press-Herald is 20 pages long. Pick one up at the grocery stores, drug store or C-store, or call 306-228-2267 to subscribe! This week’s features include:
- a collage of Remembrance Day photos;
- some Parkview Place history as the assisted living and seniors’ residence celebrates 10 years later this month;
- details on a local Movember challenge; and
- a report on senior girls’ volleyball as the Warriors head off to provincials this weekend.
All that, along with police reports and photos, Les Johnson’s hockey reports, humour from Wilkie columnist Kaare Askildt, the editorial page and more.
Due to the observation of Remembrance Day, the November 11th Unity Wilkie Press-Herald is only being distributed today. Check it out for:
- a brief introduction to the new Lutheran pastor in town;
- a profile on retired councillor Don Robertson who served 28 years on Unity town council;
- a story on partsperson Jackson Winterhalt, who had on the top mark in Saskatchewan on his journeyperson’s exam; and
- results of the junior volleyball district tournaments.
You will also find the RCMP report, hockey reports, school news and a timeline of the events in Kerrobert that culminated in the arrest of Johan Klassen, Jr.