You can expect a great variety of news in next week’s Unity Wilkie Press-Herald. Whether you enjoy reading about local activities, profiles of individuals in our communities, the police news, who’s winning what trophies or unusual fundraising methods, next week’s newspaper has it all. And of course you can check out the ads to find out the dates and locations of upcoming meetings and events.
Here’s a short (and incomplete) list of what you will find in the first September 2014 issue:
- Why was the Unity SK rink rocking with cheering and laughter last Saturday? Find out – pictures and article!
- As more and more locals take part … a story on the ALS ice bucket challenge.
- The regular RCMP report as well as requests for assistance for finding those responsible for specific incidents.
- Photos from the demolition of the Landis elevator.
- And much more!
For those who went to take part in the festivities at the rink last Saturday, these cheerful balloons greeted them as they entered onto the floor of arena.
You will find a great variety of articles and photos in the June 16th issue of the Unity Wilkie Press-Herald. Here is just a small sampling of what to expect:
- Unity Western Days photos and winners;
- details on the special events hosted by the Unity RCMP detachment;
- a profile of St. Peter’s Principal Dan Willgenbusch, retiring after 34 years in education;
- a former Unity resident, now a university professor in NY, wins a teaching award;
- sports news, school awards and more.
And be sure to check out the ads, including the Town of Unity’s new watering schedule and the plans for Canada Day activities at the museum.
Below is a plaque installed in memory of Cst. Derek Pineo, killed on duty in a motor vehicle accident July 20, 2012, now by the main door to the Unity SK RCMP detachment office.
Yes, June already!
As the 2014 graduating class at Unity Composite High School prepares for final exams and graduation, principal Maureen Robertson is also preparing for a new chapter in her life. After starting her career in education over 40 years ago, “Mrs. R” will be retiring at the end of this school year. Read about her career, plans for the future and the retirement event held for her at UCHS May 23 in the June 2 issue of the Unity Wilkie Press-Herald.
Also in the next Press-Herald:
- a story and photo from the big farm safety day held for area Grade 4 and 5 students at the Unity SK Agroplex;
- results from the UCHS Junior High Track Meet;
- the latest, and possibly last, SSAI newsletter; and
- photos, ads and employment opportunities galore!
Below, Mrs. R , along with husband Don, stands to acknowledge the standing ovation given in recognition of her many contributions to education and the students of UCHS.