There are two “housekeeping” matters to first inform you about.
1) The price of single issues of the Unity Wilkie Press-Herald is going up to $1.25 effective April 4. An annual subscription offers substantial savings. Call the office at 306-228-2267 to order yours!
2) Because the post office is closed for Easter Monday, the March 28th issue will not be available until Tuesday, March 29.
Be sure to check out that March 28th issue when you get it because it provides you with information on each of the candidates running to represent you at the Legislature in Regina. Both the Kindersley and Cut Knife-Turtleford constituencies are included in the Press-Herald coverage. Along with election news, you will find:
- smiling faces of local hockey players who have won some championships;
- a preview of the UCHS drama production being performed for the public April 5 and 6;
- the Press-Herald’s new freelance reporter makes her presence known with reports and photos from the Ducks Unlimited banquet and the Showcase by Revolution Dance; and
- a warning from the RCMP on scam artists who pretend to be from the CRA.
Of course, you will also find the latest on the SWHL playoffs, editorial comment and more! Remember, with prices increasing, there’s never a better time to subscribe to your local community newspaper. None of the major media, including television stations, websites and big city newspapers would have done interviews with local candidates running in the provincial election.
Below, Unity ballet dancer Emily Smith performs “Scottish Aire” at the Revolution Dance Showcase March 19. Photo credit: Amanda Ubell of Dare to Dream Photography. You can check out more of Amanda’s photos at http://daretodreamphotography.zenfolio.com/