Due to family matters taking precedence, no Friday previews were posted of the March 9 or March 16 issues of the Unity Wilkie Press-Herald. For those interested, a few highlights of each issue follows below.
Did you know you can have the Press-Herald delivered direct to your mailbox each week for as little as less than 50 cents an issue?! Call 306-228-2267 to subscribe.
March 9 Unity Wilkie Press-Herald highlights:
- coverage of Celebrate Unity – the annual recognition of new businesses as well as established businesses celebrating special milestones, plus long-time community volunteers and hard-working committees; this year’s event included a posthumous recognition of the contributions of the late Shirley Parkinson; and
- Unity Skating Club’s hosting of an invitational regional skating competition and photos of Unity skaters who medalled at the event.
March 16 Unity Wilkie Press-Herald highlights:
- annual Salute to Agriculture issue in recognition of National Farm Safety Week;
- In the special dedicated Agriculture pages, profiles of life as a cattle rancher for two area cattle farmers;
- details about the new recycling program coming to Unity and coverage of the town’s open house regarding same.