Once again it is time for nominations for the 2015 Citizen of the Year. There are many citizens who have contributed to our community and deserve to be recognized. If you wish to recognize a citizen from our community who, by his/her good works and community spirit, has made Unity a better place to live, please print out the nomination form located here – Citizen of the Year – nomination form – Unity – and fill it out!
Criteria for the award includes:
- He/she must be eighteen years of age or older.
- All nominations must be presented on the official nomination sheet available here – Citizen of the Year – nomination form – Unity – or at the Press-Herald office, 310 Main Street in Unity, SK. Any previous years’ nominees, submitted before 2008, need to be re-submitted with an updated write-up.
- The winner will not be eligible for nomination in future years.
- Nominees must be a resident of the Town of Unity and/or the Unity School District area.
- All nominations must be submitted to “Citizen of the Year, c/o P.O. Box 309, Unity, Sask. S0K 4L0” not later than April 30, 2015.
- Nominees will be judged for their willingness to give freely of their time and themselves for the betterment of our community.
- Presentation of the Citizen of the Year Award will be made Friday, May 22, 2015 immediately after the Unity Western Days barbecue supper.
- The nominators (he, she or them) must sign the nomination sheet, but may remain anonymous to the public if they so desire.
- The judges shall remain anonymous and their decision shall be final.
Residents are encouraged to sponsor the citizen of their choice. Imagine his/her delight in being chosen as Unity’s “Citizen of the Year” for 2015.